Monday, October 27, 2014

wild thing

Whenever I travel, I come back having learned things I didn't know about myself. This particular trip pitched some heavy revelations I was no match for, but an exciting piece I found is - drum roll please - a newfound affinity for wilderness. Not sure exactly what it was, but standing in the midst of the bluest hues, inhaling tree-scented oxygen had me wishing I could be camping out there in the Rockies - sleeping outside in the open, stargazing the night away...

I'm no Thoreau, but the slight possibility that my recent development of love for nature and whole, untainted foods may point toward hippie leanings scares me. Four years in Smog City - aka the most park poor city in the nation - has clearly done some damage. I need to get out more.

Each body of water we came across wore a different tint of blue, and I could not be happier.
pebbles, unscathed


No comments:

Post a Comment