Monday, October 20, 2014

wilderness called

so I went.

One morning, I woke up feeling extra spontaneous. Upon seeing this beautiful photo on Instagram, something deep inside me knew I had to go. Alberta was inviting me. I had to respond. I had to go and meet her.

I became the woman who looks in a mirror and immediately forgets what she looks like. The adventurer half of me scolded the logical half for unnecessary and excessive cowardice, namely its petty reason for giving up on the #creationtherapyinCanada trip a couple weeks ago - unpredictable weather come September. Beauty is worth the risk, it said. So what if it rains the whole time you're there? Better to go than wonder what could have been.

So we booked it.

While planning for the trip, I was scared that looking through too many pictures would kill the magic and ruin the awe factor when I actually arrived at scene. Boy, was I wrong. Everything was infinitely better than the best shot out there.

The real thing needs to be seen, heard, smelled, and experienced. In person.

On top of the inner perfectionist censoring my work as per usual, these photos are even harder to release, partly because my laptop is dying, partly because the past 2 weeks have been crazy, and mostly because my pictures don't do it justice. At all.

I tried to capture the beauty before my eyes, but I can't shake the feeling - the fact, I should say - that my work only conveys a tiny percent of the breathtaking glory that is the real deal. So please, go taste and see for yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment